My name is Martha Roden and I am UI Writer, a free-lance usability specialist and technical writer who works hard to make the complex simple.
Today it seems like "high-tech" is synonymous with "hard to understand." Instructions are difficult to read, Websites impossible to navigate, and software too confusing to use. My mission is to change all that because high-tech should be accessible to everyone.
When you work with me, you get no fluff, no filler, and no fuss -- just plain and simple writing. And that same philosophy goes for organizing Websites or designing software screens. I don't write code, I create simple visual mockups that help clients and programmers imagine what things will look like.
When it comes to technical documentation, Websites, and software, I believe in keeping things simple so your customers can find what they need and understand what they read. Because if there's one thing I know, it's how to explain things clearly!
My services include:
- Technical writing: Datasheets, case studies, white papers, specifications, proposals.
- Other writing: Magazine articles, press releases, fiction, presentations, business correspondence, cover letters, and resumes.
- Learning materials: User guides, online help, training guides, textbooks.
- Websites: Website organization, Web page mockups, content development.
- Software interface design and usability: Software screen mockups, usability evaluation, software testing.
Most of my clients are individuals or companies who don't want to hire employees or expensive consultants to provide each of these services. So, they hire a free-lance person like me who can do it all, at a very affordable hourly rate!