It's hard to pin down what I do, but in a nutshell, I ensure that whatever you design makes sense to your customer so they use it, like it, and benefit from it.
I work closely with you in-person, by phone, or by email to make sure I understand your needs, your audience's needs, your budget, and your timeline. I'm a very communicative person who always makes an effort to keep you informed of my progress.
I'm someone who grasps technical concepts easily and can explain them simply. I can also make fiction believable and non-fiction engaging. I'm comfortable working on multiple projects and coming up to speed quickly. Last, but not least, I quickly establish rapport with the people I work with, from executives to software developers, to artists and authors - or anyone else in between.
I work on an hourly basis, based on the size of your project and company, and your budget and time line.
My services fall into four categories:
- user guides and online help
- data sheets
- case studies and white papers
- professional presentations
- proposals and reports
- software design specs
- training materials
- self-paced tutorials
- cover letters and resumes
- business correspondence
- press releases
- magazine articles
- children's fiction
- user definition and task analysis
- UI mockups
- software testing
- usability evaluation
- agile and Extreme Programming methodology
- audience and goals definition
- website organization and navigation
- website mockups
- content development and editing
- testing and usability evaluation